- Compatible with XenForo
Discord Integration allows you to establish a connection and manage your Discord server from the comfort of the XenForo Admin Control Panel. This is a free upgrade if you already own an active license to the original Discord Integration.
- Allows for XenForo user groups to be synced with Discord server roles. Essentially this allows you to automate the giving and removing of Discord server roles based on the groups that a XenForo user is part of. Users can associate their Discord identities with their XenForo usernames to establish a sync.
- Discord nicknames can also be updated to match forum names.
- New for XenForo 2.x: Allow the bot to show up as online and display a custom status message.
- Manage your Discord instance from the ACP.
- Allow your users to register and sign up via Discord.
- Send alerts to connected users and channels via the ACP.
- Automatically post links to threads from XenForo forums to defined Discord channels as soon as they're posted. The user who posted the thread, the thread title, a short snippet and a link to the thread are included in the message.
- This is set on a per-forum basis allowing you to fine-tune what channels should get the notifications.
- New for XenForo 2.x: Automatically post links to resources from XenForo Resource Manager to defined Discord channels as soon as they're posted. The user who posted the resource, the resource title, a short snippet and a link to the resource are included in the message.
- This is set on a per-category basis allowing you to fine-tune what channels should get the notifications.
- Allow staff members with permission to 'promote' links to threads to Discord channels.
- Allow users to receive watch notifications from forums and threads they specify (in addition to emails and alerts). They will receive these notifications privately from your configured bot. There are plans for future expansion with 1-to-1 communication with the bot.
- New for XenForo 2.x: The bot can now send XenForo alerts straight to your Discord DMs. All types of alerts are supported out of the box with zero configuration required.
- Users can opt-out of this behaviour by adjusting the appropriate setting within their Account Preferences area.
- Support for Report Centre Essentials to add notifications for new open reports and when the total number of open reports reaches a certain threshold.
- Extract the contents of the .zip file provided upon successful purchase.
- Upload the contents of the 'upload' folder to your root XenForo directory.
- Install the add-on through the XenForo Admin Control Panel.
- Create a Discord Web API application by going here.
- Set your App Name to what you want your bot to be called. You may optionally set a description and icon for your bot.
- Ensure you have a Redirect URL set in the form of your board URL followed by connected_account.php. So for example:
- Click 'Create App' and your application will have now been created. You'll now see a new option that says 'Create a Bot User'. Click this and accept the warning. Ensure 'Public Bot' and 'Require OAuth2 Code Grant' are unchecked.
- Once you have created your Discord Web API application, it's time to copy the values for 'Client ID', 'Client Secret' and 'Token' to the Discord connected provider in the XenForo Admin Control Panel -> Setup -> Connected providers.
- You'll also need your Discord Server / Guild ID which can be obtained by following the steps listed here.
- Once you've done this, be sure to use the 'Test Discord Integration' located at XenForo Admin Control Panel -> Tools to make sure everything is dandy and you're good to go!